Thanks Sowmyan for the report!

Here are the pictures/video/audio recording of the two events in Bengaluru:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Creative_Commons_events_in_Bengaluru

Pradeep has already written about the Mumbai event and Rohini has shared some
pictures at:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Creative_Commons_Workshop,_Mumbai_2013

Creative Commons's India tour:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Creative_Commons_events_in_India

On 28-Feb-2013, at 1:38 AM, Sowmyan Tirumurti wrote:

> We are happy to share with you the good news that the Creative Commons event
> held at Bangalore on 25th Feb 2013, was concluded successfully.
>
> We had the Creative Commons presentation focused on Open GLAM along with a
> wikimedia presentation focused on GLAM WIKI.
>
> Arun Ram, founder member of the chapter spoke about Wikimedia, and Wikimedia
> India.
> This was followed by a presentation on Creative commons licenses and how they
> work by Jessica Coates.
> Arun continued with a description GLAM and the intersection of GLAM with
> wikipedia.
> Omshivaprakash brought out many examples of Creative Commons used in Kannada
> web.
> Jane Hornibrook gave many examples of CC licenses being used worldwide.
>
> The event was attended by 88 people at the beginning. Ladies outnumbered
> gents 50 : 38. Apart from the students of College of Fine Arts, there were
> nearly 40 students from the Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media.
> There were a few members from Azim Premji Foundation. There was a member who
> had come all the way from Pondicherry. The way some 15 to 20 odd guests hung
> around till the very last, nearly 10 to 15 minutes after the end of the
> event, showed the camaraderie built over the event.
>
> The major disappointment was that the target audience of Galleries, Museums
> etc were low in attendance.
>
> Overall it was a good event.

Subhashish Panigrahi