Hello all,

This is to inform everyone that Wikimedia India was offered affiliation by
Creative Commons recently. The Chapter has considered this and has decided
to accept and is now working on the formalities. It would be one of the
three affiliates in India.

Since Wikimedia websites use CC licensing, there are a lot of synergies
among our organisations, though we would like to note that our main focus
area is and will continue to be Wikimedia. Other chapters like Wikimedia
Argentine and Wikimedia Indonesia are also CC affiliates.

--
Thanks and regards,
Karthik Nadar,