 From: noopur <noo...@cis-india.org>
To: Wikimediaindia l <wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org>
Cc: wikimedia-in-e...@lists.wikimedia.org
Sent: Sunday, 10 March 2013 3:08 PM
Subject: [Wikimediaindia-l] [A2K]: Introducing Dr. U.B Pavanaja, Consultant -
Indian languages

Dear all,
I take immense pleasure in (re)introducing Dr. U.B Pavanaja to the entire
Wikimedia community! Dr. Pavanaja has joined the Access to Knowledge team at
CIS as a consultant from March 4 onward. Those associated with Indian language
computing and especially that in Kannada may know him already for having
started the first Kannada website: Vishvakannada.com, the first Kannada online
magazine, the first Indian language (Kannada) website to receive Golden Web
Award, the first Indian language (Kannada) editor for Palm OS and many more
firsts.
Dr. Pavanaja holds a Master’s degree from Mysore University and Ph.D. from
Mumbai University. He was a scientist at the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre,
Mumbai, for about 15 years and has done advanced research in Taiwan. He
resigned from BARC in 1997 and dedicated himself fully for the cause of
Computer and Indian languages. You could read more about his contributions
here. Prior to this he has also worked at Microsoft Research Labs and has been
a long time contributor to Kannada Wikipedia.
We are very fortunate to have him on board. You can reach him at pavanaja [at]
cis-india [dot] org. Please join me in welcoming him to our community :)
Thank you,
Noopur