That last utopian comment needs to be made a reality.

Thanks for putting the issue so well.

Tejaswini

On 11 March 2013 12:35, ViswaPrabha (വിശ്വപ്രഭ) <viswapra...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Konkani belongs to somewhat a unique class of Wikimedia languages where
> many scripts may be used for the same content. Not exclusive, this list
> includes at least English, Devanagari, Kannada and Malayalam.
>
> The ideal goal in the case of a Konkani Wikimedia project is to have an
> input system in any script from the above set as the user prefers and then
> also to render the output in any script from the above set. The content
> itself may be stored in some particular script or code space.
>
> If I remember correctly, there have been several discussions in possible
> techniques and tools to enable such a feature. Amir (Amir Elisha Aharoni ·
> אָמִיר אֱלִישָׁע אַהֲרוֹנִי), Shiju Alex or Santhosh Thottingal may be able
> to enlighten us more about this.
>
> This may also be the case for Sanskrit, as Sanskrit used to be scribed in
> different scripts (other than just in devanagari) in different regions.
> Perhaps, we should even have a Harward-Kyoto transliterated version for
> Sanskrit.
>
> On an even more ambitious scale, I dream about each Indic language being
> available for input and output in every other Indic scripts. (Imagine
> someone in Kerala trying to read and practice a Bengali poem without having
> to know the Bengali script itself, and vice versa.)
>

> -Viswam
>

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 8:16 AM, Tejaswini Niranjana <t...@cscs.res.in>wrote:
>
>> Dear Frederick,
>> It's nice to see your signature in several Indian languages!
>>
>> Wanted to know which script Konkani wikipedia is planning to use,
>> Devanagari or Kannada or both? It would be good if you could throw some
>> light on comparative statistics regarding how many Konkani speakers use
>> which script.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tejaswini
>>
>> On 11 March 2013 02:37, Frederick FN Noronha फ्रेड्रिक नोरोन्या *فريدريك
>> نورونيا <fredericknoro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all:
>>>
>>> Konkani Wikipedia [http://bit.ly/14bTwAi] is in its incubation stage.
>>> We would like to attempt to scale it up. Can someone point me to the
>>> essential messages that need to be translated (into Konkani), as I could
>>> try to get help to get those done.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance, FN
>>>
>>> Frederick Noronha फ्रेड्रिक नोरोन्या ಫ್ರೆದೆರಿಕ್ ನರನ್ಯಾ ഫ്രെദെരിക് നരന്യാ
>>> فريدريك نورونيا
>>>
>>> FN +91-832-2409490 or +91-9822122436 f...@goa-india.org
>>> Audio recordings (mostly from Goa): http://bit.ly/GoaRecordings
>>> Goa,1556
>>> http://www.scribd.com/doc/76671049/Goa1556-Catalogue-Books-from-Goa

>> Tejaswini Niranjana, PhD
>> Lead Researcher - Higher Education Innovation and Research Applications
>> (HEIRA)
>> Senior Fellow - Centre for the Study of Culture and Society (CSCS)
>> Visiting Professor - Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
>> Visiting Faculty - Centre for Contemporary Studies, Indian Institute
> [...]

  • ... Santhosh Thottingal
    • ... Vishnu t
    • ... വിശ്വപ്രഭ
      • ... Tejaswini Niranjana
        • ... sankarshan
          • ... Vishnu t
            • ... വിശ്വപ്രഭ
            • ... Pavanaja U B
              • ... sankarshan
                • ... Pavanaja U B
                • ... sankarshan
                • ... Anivar Aravind
    • ... Frederick FN Noronha * फ्रेड्रिक नोरोन्या * فريدريك نورونيا