hi FN,

The GLAM initiative is a collaboration between Wikipedians and a cultural
institution to seek ways to seek collaborations that are mutually beneficial.
From the Wikimedians view point, the cultural institution provides access to
knowledge that could be used on Wikipedia or its sister projects. This is
explained in detail here - http://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM

Making a list of cultural institutions by state is a good place to start.

At the outset, a cultural collaboration that GLAM seeks to be can be more fun
and fulfilling when done as a community. It could also be considered as a tool
to build this community. Lacking a community in an area where cultural
institution is interested would place too high a stress on an individual unless
he/she is passionate. Then too, it would rather be a waste of the volunteer's
passion, IMHO. Having a community, helps to enjoy and share the burden of the
task.

I am interested in knowing whether there is a community flourishing in Goa? We
have seen a small group of activities in the recent past and we are hopeful
that a small core community is getting built there. Please feel free to ask us
for any help needed.

warm regards,
Pradeep

Pradeep Mohandas