Hi Pavanaja,
If servers are hosted in India, they will have to comply with local
regulations. This might cause problems.
Can someone with legal knowledge like Anirudh clarify on this?

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 1:57 PM, ansuman <ansum...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_servers
>
> Regards,
> Ansuman <http://twitter.com/an5um>
> *ଓଡ଼ିଆ ଉଇକିପିଡ଼ିଆ <http://or.wikipedia.org/>*
>

> On 30 March 2013 12:08, Pavanaja U B <pavan...@vishvakannada.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Hope you are aware of the slowing of Internet in India due to the cut in
>> undersea cable near Egypt. I am finding websites hosted outside India
>> opening very very slowly, or some don’t open at all. Websites hosted in
>> India open quickly. Google has servers in India. Wikipedia opens very very
>> slowly. This brings up the idea that there must be servers in India for
>> Wikipedia and other Wiki projects.****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Thanks and regards,****
>>
>> Pavanaja****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> ** **

Srikanth Ramakrishnan.

Sign this petition to introduce Volvo buses in Coimbatore city:
https://www.change.org/en-IN/petitions/the-transport-minister-tamil-nadu-introduction-of-volvo-city-buses-in-the-city-of-coimbatore