Hi, Srikanth

Yes, if the Wikimedia Foundation sets up servers in India they will have to
comply with local regulations, which is something they may not be too keen
on.  SEA-ME-WE 4 is a bottleneck for India and many other countries in the
region, and we can expect that the private players collaborating with
the maintenance of undersea infrastructure will also invest in building
redundancies so that a single cable outage does not adversely impact the
region.

Cheers,
Anirudh