Dear All,

Institutional partnerships (especially in the higher education context) is a
cross-cutting activity across A2K's various language plans and also the pilot
project. A2K Team is happy to share with you an important outcome on this
front.

CIS-A2K has signed an MoU with TISS as part of which we will collaboratively
work towards building Digital Knowledge Partnerships with select higher
education institutions. The objective is to enhance digital literacy in the
Indian languages and facilitate collaborative knowledge production and free
dissemination. A2K along with TISS will co-design and jointly implement
relevant training programmes to achieve this. Further, within TISS campuses we
will endeavour to bring teaching-learning processes onto free and open digital
platforms, including Indian language Wikipedias. The A2K team would like to
acknowledge the pivotal role played by our Adviser Dr. Tejaswini Niranjana in
buildig this collaboration.

We'll keep you posted as and when new developments shape up and would like to
actively involve Mumbai Wikipedians in planning, designing and rolling out
Wikipedia training programmes.

Thanks
Nitika Tandon
Program Manager