This is excellent!! Many congratulations for all those behind this. I am
very sure that this will trigger other players too and will push the Open
Knowledge movement, particularly OER, in India.

Kudos to WMI Chapter, Pranav, Savithri and others who made this happen. I
see this as an important sign of maturing Wikimedia movement in India.

Congratulations again! This definitely needs celebration!!

Cheers,
Vishnu

On Wednesday, 14 August 2013, CherianTinu Abraham <tinucher...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Congratulations to Wikimedia India Chapter,  Pranav , Savithri and all
those who had been part of this effort.

> I want to especially acknowledge the efforts of Pranav Curumsey. who has
been putting his heart to this, following up and meeting the Minister
Shashi Tharoor. I hope the NCERT textbooks also will be available in CC by
SA license soon.

> Thank you, all.
>
> Regards
> Tinu Cherian
>

> On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 6:31 PM, Pranav Curumsey <curum...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Savithri just gave me some wonderful news. The new National Repository
of Open Education Resources has been launched, and Dr. Tharoor, the HRD
Minister announced its licensed under CC-BY-SA! http://nroer.in/home/

>> Iv been following up with Dr. Tharoor and NCERT for about 6 months now,
pushing for this. Thanks to Gautam, Tinu, Savithri, Dr. Nagarjuna and
everyone else who helped make this happen. It is certainly a major win for
us as a chapter to be a part of this and a major win for OER in India.