Just wanted to add one more thing: the a2k team has also been talking to a
few departments at Jadavpur University, Kolkata, about bringing their
students and faculty on board the Bangla wikipedia. Hope to finalise these
partnerships soon.

Tejaswini

On 16 August 2013 07:40, Subhashish Panigrahi <subhash...@cis-india.org>wrote:

> Dear Pradeep,
>
> Thanks a lot for your support. A2K team had an interaction with the
> Bengali Wikipedia community at Kolkata. We also had tried to explore
> opportunities for institutional partnership for involving students for
> WikiProjects that are more relevant to Bengali Wikipedia. The biggest
> challenge so far has been outreach because of the small community. I'm
> extremely glad to see Jayanta da in the chapter EC. This would be helpful
> now for more activities. Few things are in pipeline and you'd see more
> updates soon.
>
> Best!
> Subha
>
> On 14-Aug-2013, at 11:28 PM, Pradeep Mohandas <prad2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Subha,
>
> Thank you for this Report.
>
> Just like to ask a question related to the Indic Programmes. In your work
> plan for April 2013 onwards, you focus on 5 Indic languages, Telugu,
> Kannada, Konkani, Bengali and Odia.
>
> I am happy to see a spurt in activity reported in Telugu and Kannada
> communities. I am also happy to see that Odia maintains a steady pace with
> workshops. On Konkani, I see some mention of upcoming activities in Goa.
> But, I see no mention of Bengali in the report.
>
> Would you or anyone in the team like to comment on why this maybe so? What
> issues is CIS-A2K facing in working with Bengali?
>
> Warm regards,
> Pradeep Mohandas
>
> Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone
>
>  ------------------------------
> * From: * Subhashish Panigrahi <subhash...@cis-india.org>;

Tejaswini Niranjana, PhD
Lead Researcher - Higher Education Innovation and Research Applications
(HEIRA)
Senior Fellow - Centre for the Study of Culture and Society (CSCS)
Visiting Professor - Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
Advisor, Access to Knowledge Programme, Centre for Internet and Society
Visiting Faculty - Centre for Contemporary Studies, Indian Institute
of Science (CCS-IISc)

t: 91-80-41202302
http://heira.in
www.cscs.res.in