On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 5:47 PM, Shrinivasan T <tshriniva...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for the lists.
>
> I explored
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_State_Protected_Monuments_in_Tamil_Nadu
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Monuments_of_National_Importance_in_Chennai_circle
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Monuments_of_National_Importance_in_Thrissur_circle
>
> Though I am from Kanchipuram, I can not point out the places, that are
> mentioned in these pages.
> The same is for chennai too.
>
> Is there any detailed address of each monument?
>
> What does the numbers like S-TN-8, S-TN-9 ?
>
> Example: S-TN-9 "sivan koil" (shiva temple) at kanchipuram.
> There are more than 108 shiva temples at kanchipuram city itself.

What we have now is the list defined as monuments by ASI. S-TN-9 are the
unique identifiers which you will have to fill-in when you upload photos
for the contest. They are unique identifiers, by which we can identify the
name of the monuments if someone has not properly named the file.
Generally, for WLM we have a different Wikimedia Commons Upload Wizard,
wherein we have an option to fill-in the unique identifier.

> What temple does S-TN-9 means?
>
> Collect the details of full address of each monument so, the photographers
> can reach the place easily.

This is a big task, which we need to complete within a week.

Regards,
Karthik Nadar.
Secretary, Wikimedia India Chapter.
http://wiki.wikimedia.in