I was told some years ago that a forest minister had passed a rule that no
photography was to be allowed in any forest areas in Kerala. Any forest in
that including Reserve Forests, in which one is *even* allowed to graze
cattle, collect firewood and minor forest produce. I was just trying to
look up this and found a newspaper article on the topic. That ban was
apparently introduced because of a certain wildlife photographer refused to
provide photographs to the Kerala Forest Deparment for their use.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-kerala/wild-photography-ban-condemned/article4233888.ece

Reading that news again with fresh insight suggests that the wildlife
photographer in question was in fact N.A. Nazeer! Perhaps he or someone
ought to inform the Kerala Forest Department of Wikimedia Commons..

best wishes
Shyamal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Shyamal