It is very important to read this too along with the news:

The officials wanted to grab the photographs, but without any attributions
to the photographers themselves. As usual, these photos will later appear
in costly or otherwise Govt.  publications, promptly and sacredly credited
to the photographers employed by the department of forests or tourism.

As for Wikimedia, we had our Wiki Vana Vijnjana Yatra, (Wiki Jungle
Expedition), conducted highly succesful, as part of Malayalam Wikipedia's
10th Anniversary in December 2012, just a few days before the order was
released. Most of those photographs are already in Wikimedia Commons.

It is only a matter of time, the Government officials realize that the true
guards of our bio-diversity are such amaeture / freelance photo'grabber's.

-ViswaPrabha