ScanTailor is not a OCR. It has got nothing to do with Indian Languages.

Regards,
Pavanaja

-----Original Message-----
From: wikimediaindia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:wikimediaindia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of sankarshan
Sent: 18 September 2013 13:09
To: Wikimedia India Community list
Subject: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Announcement: CIS-A2K's Train The Trainer
Program

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 12:24 PM, Nitika Tandon <nit...@cis-india.org> wrote:
> We understand there were a lot of questions about the agenda of train
> the trainer program. We have put together a rough draft which we
> wanted to share with you all. [1] Just want to mention that this the
> very first draft and is open to any kind of changes. We will also
> write to each of the participants to know what aspects they'd like to
> cover and incorporate those in our sessions.

Thank you for the link to the draft schedule. I have a somewhat tangential
query. I notice that you recommend ScanTailor
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/scantailor/> for the participants. I was
wondering if it would be possible to share (later, if not now) an estimate of
accuracy of the software in post processing and handling digitized content in
Indian languages. Perhaps using random samples from archive.org

And, as a suggestion, I would request that you put up pre-participation reading
material wherever possible. For example, the sessions on Introduction to
Unicode or, Fonts and Rendering would require some prior knowledge of the
subject matter and help the resource person calibrate the proceedings
accordingly.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>