Dear Indian Wikimedians,
Although Wikimedia chapter for Pakistan is still in the discussion phase, we've
working on creating of an official Wikimedia User Group, since the numbers of
our community members at the moment are not sufficient for the creation of a
chapter.
The main objective of this user group will be to act as a voice and
representative for the Pakistani Wikimedian community and to promote Wikipedia
and various Pakistani language Wikimedia Foundation projects throughout
Pakistan and further strengthen the community.
The initial goals our user group will be: Organise regular meetings and meetups
in major cities of Pakistan for discussions etc and planning of a Wikipedia
workshop and Wikipedia Takes The City photo contest in 2014To empower and
engage Pakistani Wikimedians in both on-wiki and off-wiki activitiesGrowth of
the Wikimedian community in PakistanCreation of Wikimedia Pakistan chapter in
the long run
Some ideas and suggestions from Indian chapter members will be welcomed and
highly appreciated.
regards
SaqibAdmin, English Wikivoyage