If you are doing anything about including local languages in Wikipedia I
would be very happy to share whatever plans are being made in India.

Regards and best wishes,
Tejaswini

On 6 October 2013 22:05, sibi kanagaraj <civil.si...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Very happy to hear :-) . Deep from my heart wishes for the initiative .
> The areas which you have mentioned are quite broad . If you are more
> specific think we can have a point by point discussion .requesting fellow
> wikipedians to come forward in sharing their rich experience .
>
> -sibi
> On Oct 6, 2013 4:29 PM, "Saqib Qayyum" <saqib.qay...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Indian Wikimedians,
>>
>> Although Wikimedia chapter for Pakistan is still in the discussion phase,
>> we've working on creating of an official Wikimedia User Group, since the
>> numbers of our community members at the moment are not sufficient for the
>> creation of a chapter.
>>
>> The main objective of this user group will be to act as a voice and
>> representative for the Pakistani Wikimedian community and to promote
>> Wikipedia and various Pakistani language Wikimedia Foundation projects
>> throughout Pakistan and further strengthen the community.
>>
>> The initial goals our user group will be:
>>
>>    - Organise regular meetings and meetups in major cities of Pakistan
>>    for discussions etc and planning of a Wikipedia workshop and Wikipedia
>>    Takes The City photo contest in 2014
>>    - To empower and engage Pakistani Wikimedians in both on-wiki and
>>    off-wiki activities
>>    - Growth of the Wikimedian community in Pakistan
>>    - Creation of Wikimedia Pakistan chapter in the long run
>>

>> Some ideas and suggestions from Indian chapter members will be welcomed
>> and highly appreciated.
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Saqib
>> Admin, English Wikivoyage

Tejaswini Niranjana, PhD
Lead Researcher - Higher Education Innovation and Research Applications
(HEIRA)
Senior Fellow - Centre for the Study of Culture and Society (CSCS)
Visiting Professor - Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
Advisor, Access to Knowledge Programme, Centre for Internet and Society
Visiting Faculty - Centre for Contemporary Studies, Indian Institute
of Science (CCS-IISc)

t: 91-80-41202302
http://heira.in
www.cscs.res.in