My take is that they should measure what impact each intervention has on
it's own. Not necessarily against the goal of increasing editorship because
that is a complex problem that will not be solved in a single step or year.
Trying different things is not a bad idea so long as it is done with
rigorous measurement.

Thank you.

Best,

Gautam