From: Bishakha Datta <bishakhada...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Subject: Listening to the dogs of data: Wikipedia and the gender gap
To: Increasing female participation in Wikimedia projects <
gender...@lists.wikimedia.org>

Dear all,

In June this year, I attended the Info-Activism
Camp<https://camp2013.tacticaltech.org/>run by Tactical Technology, on
the theme of Evidence and Influence.

Following this, I was asked to contribute a piece on wikipedia's gender
gap, which has just been published:
https://micromag.evidenceandinfluence.org/article/listening-to-the-dogs-of-data-wikipedia-and-the-gender-gap/

All comments welcome, ideally on the post itself, so that non-listers can
also follow any discussion that may emerge.

Many thanks in particular to Sue Gardner and Joseph Reagle, for their most
insightful blog posts, which are linked.

And there's lots of interesting stuff in the MicroMag on Gender and
Violence, in which this piece was published:
https://micromag.evidenceandinfluence.org/?issue=gender-and-violence

Best
Bishakha