Gerard; many thanks for working on the WD data set. This should make things
a lot easier for us working on translating and catagorising articles and
entities relating to it.
Cheerio;
another Wikidata editor.

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Vishnu T <visdav...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Gerard! Will add this info on the project page too [1] and also on
> the project pages on Indic Wikipedias.
>
> --Vishnu
> [1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Lilavati%27s_Daughters_Edit-a-thon
> [2]
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Lilavati%27s_Daughters_Edit-a-thon#Project_pages_on_Indic_Wikipedias
>

> On 12 November 2013 14:04, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijs...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hoi,
>> I have added all the subjects of the book Lilavati's daughters to its
>> Wikidata item [1]. This makes it the perfect place to coordinate
>> information about all of them.
>>
>> The things that you can do:
>>
>>    - add labels for them in your language
>>    - make statements about them like their date of birth
>>    - or their alma mater
>>    - or awards they received
>>    - or whatever you think is relevant
>>
>> Many of these fine ladies do not yet have an article in any language that
>> I am aware of. When there is an article in any language, you can add it
>> however to the items that are already there. When YOUR language is not
>> represented in Wikidata and, when it does have an ISO-639-3 code, we are
>> really happy to give you the opportunity to add information in YOUR
>> language as well.
>>
>> PS there is a Wikipedia article in several Indian languages (not in
>> English) you get to all the subjects of the book (these fine Indian lady
>> scientists) by clicking on the "data item" in the side bar.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>       GerardM
>>
>> [1] https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q14948432
>>
>> PS I am NOT subscribed to the list.. I do not see replies

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Treasurer,
Wikimedia Chapter [India]

Donate to the Wikimedia India Chapter today<http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Donations>