Hoi,

My point is very much that we can do things NOW. There is no need to point
to things that you would like when there is so much that CAN be done.

The WMF IS working on translation functionality. That may help under some
circumstances but it is unlikely to help the languages that do not have a
Wikipedia yet. It is not likely to help the majority of those 285 languages
either.

Functionality that is probably available for many languages is
transliteration This is where for instance a name is to be made available
in another script. When such routines are available, we can transliterate
the names of the humans in Wikidata and other types of data where we can
safely assume that the transliteration is valid as a label for a
languages...

What we need to decide upon is what we can do now. India has so many people
that there must be at least one person who can hear this message and
understand that we *can *build relevant information in most if not all
languages of India. When we advertise the existence of relevant information
in a language, more people will have a look and some will take an
interest.. This is how you get to the tipping point where some people start
using their language in a digital way. Using lexical data to add to
Wikidata is one way, one step.. it starts with the realisation that we can
make a difference now.

We can do this, we can do this now.
Thanks,
      Gerard