I once actually thought of joining the Indian chapter because Pakistan chapter
not currently exists but I couldn't able to as the membership is only for
Indians.
Saqib

Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 17:31:47 +0530
From: yan...@gmail.com
To: wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: [Wikimediaindia-l] Membership

Hello,
I read that Wikimedia India does not accept member who are not Indian nationals.
This comes as a big surprise, and I don't see any reason for it.As far as I
know, membership in a non-profit in India is not limited to Indian nationals.

A change whould be most welcomed.

Thanks,
Yann Forget, from Ahmedabad