Dear all,

Many apologies but Sydney, Garfield and I are really jet-lagged, and are in
no state to hold an intelligible IRC session today. :-) However, please do
join us tomorrow or another time this week: I've put the timings for the
three IRC sessions we hope to hold this week (Wednesday, Friday and
Saturday), the time (8-9pm) and the channel (#wikimedia-in). In fact, on
Saturday, it will be a wonderful opportunity to have all the WMIN EC here
with us too, as we do both physical and virtual meet-ups.

Please also let us know if any of you would like to speak with us
separately by phone or hangout, and we'll make sure to accommodate your
request.

Again, our apologies to the Telugu community that we cannot be with you in
person at your well-deserved celebrations this weekend, though we will
certainly be there in spirit! It was logistically more convenient for the
WMIN EC to meet with us in Bangalore, and as they are all volunteers, we
wanted to make sure to accommodate their needs and convenience as much as
possible.

Thanks very much, looking forward to good conversations this week.

Warmly,
Anasuya

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 7:06 PM, Asaf Bartov <abar...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Hi, Nurunnaby.
>
> Bangladesh is not planned to be part of this particular visit.  I've heard
> about and appreciated the warm welcome your community gave our mobile team,
> though. :)
>
> We would be delighted to visit Bangladesh, given a suitable context.  We
> don't just travel for fun... :)
>
> Cheers,
>
>    Asaf
>

> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 8:39 PM, Nurunnaby Chowdhury <n...@nhasive.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Asaf,
>> Nice to know. Is there any plan of this team to come Bangladesh? We are
>> very happy if the team able to come & meet with our Wikimedians.
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 7:02 AM, Asaf Bartov <abar...@wikimedia.org>wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Indian Wikimedians,
>>>
>>> I pleased to announce a group from the Wikimedia Foundation will be
>>> visiting India next week, staying in Bangalore from Feb 10th through Feb
>>> 16th.
>>>
>>> The group includes:
>>> 1. Garfield Byrd (WMF's Chief of Finance and Administration)
>>> 2. Anasuya Sengupta (WMF's Senior Director of Grantmaking)
>>> 3. Sydney Poore (volunteer member of the Funds Dissemination Committee
>>> [FDC])
>>> and will be joined in India by WMF Trustee Bishakha Datta.
>>>
>>> (I had also been intending to come, but am prevented this time around
>>> due to unexpected issues securing a travelling visa to India.)
>>>
>>> WMF staff have been visiting partner organizations and communities over
>>> the past few months, to learn more about their context, achievements and
>>> challenges.  More recently, FDC members have been joining them in this
>>> effort. Currently, WMF staff and FDC members are visiting Germany.
>>>
>>> One purpose of this visit is to conduct working meetings with the
>>> Foundation's two major partners and grantees in India: the Wikimedia India
>>> (WMIN) chapter and the Centre for Internet and Society (CIS), operating the
>>> Access To Knowledge (A2K) programme.
>>>
>>> Additionally, we would like to meet as many Wikimedians as we can, via a
>>> community meetup in Bangalore, and to make ourselves available over digital
>>> channels (at least taking advantage of being in the same timezone) to
>>> community members across India, via open group discussions over IRC.  We
>>> are also open to discussion with any interested smaller groups or
>>> individuals, over Skype, Hangout, or telephone, time permitting.
>>>
>>> We have put up a rough agenda page up on Meta:
>>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMF_India_Visit_Feb_2014
>>>
>>> Please feel free to sign up for the meetup or the conversations, and to
>>> raise topics you would like to see addressed, on the talk page.
>>>
>>> We greatly regret that logistical issues are preventing us from visiting
>>> other communities in person this time around, and from attending the Telugu
>>> community's 10th anniversary celebrations in Vijayawada.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>>    Asaf Bartov
>>> --
>>>     Asaf Bartov
>>>     Wikimedia Foundation <http://www.wikimediafoundation.org>
>>>
>>> Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share
>>> in the sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!
>>> https://donate.wikimedia.org

>> --
>> *Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive*
>> Administrator | Bangla Wikipedia<http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:nhasive>
>> Social Media Interaction Expert &
>> Assignment Reporter | The Daily Prothom-Alo <http://www.prothom-alo.com>
>> Bangladesh Ambassador | Open Knowledge Foundation Network
>> <http://www.okfn.org>
>> Treasurer | Bangladesh Open Source Network (BdOSN) <http://www.bdosn.org>
>> Task Force Member | Mozilla Bangladesh <http://www.mozillabd.org>
>> fb.com/nhasive | @nhasive <http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | Skype:
>> nhasive | www.nhasive.com

>     Asaf Bartov
>     Wikimedia Foundation <http://www.wikimediafoundation.org>

> https://donate.wikimedia.org

*Anasuya SenguptaSenior Director of GrantmakingWikimedia Foundation*

the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!
Support Wikimedia <https://donate.wikimedia.org/>