We have said before that WMF does not generally share its legal contracts
with partners, and that the CIS MoU will not be shared by us.  This has not
changed.

I am willing to answer any specific questions about the relationship with
CIS, as I have been, both in the current conversation and in previous ones.
 That said, I would urge you to focus on providing the clearest and most
insightful input on CIS's concrete proposal, to assist the FDC in its
deliberations.

Pranav: your comment about the prettiness of the report is a straw-man.  No
one has brought it up in the first place; what's more, in all the WMF's
grant program history, you will not find a single instance where we have
complained about a grant report's prettiness or lack thereof.  This is, and
always has been, a complete non-issue.

Ravi: CIS's three-year commitment to the Goa university is indeed a risk.
 Some Wikimedia organizations have taken similar risks with their own local
partners.  In a way, this is hard to avoid, with the structure of our
funding system, where funding is given in single-year allocations.

   A.

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 7:27 AM, Pranav Curumsey <pra...@wikimedia.in>wrote:

> Thank you, Asaf! The chapter has always promoted transparency and welcomes
> community input. It would be excellent if you could share the original CIS
> MoU and all their reports submitted to you in the same spirit as you shared
> this.
>
> Unlike some others out here, we are not trained to make reports which look
> snazzy. We are Wikipedians and not non profit professionals for whom this
> is business so we like to keep it simple and to the point. We will try to
> answer all questions to the best of our ability.
>

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 5:24 AM, Asaf Bartov <abar...@wikimedia.org>wrote:
>
>> Hello, everyone.
>>
>> Wikimedia India has recently submitted its latest grant report, which we
>> have now reviewed.  It is here:
>>

>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/WM_IN/Program_Grant_April_December_2013/Report
>>
>> We are still awaiting some more concrete information on impact and
>> outcomes of some of the work (see talk page) before we approve the report
>> and close the grant, but I thought it might interest some community members
>> to see, as one additional piece of input, in the context of the other
>> conversations about the future of work in India.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>>    Asaf
>> --
>>     Asaf Bartov
>>     Wikimedia Foundation <http://www.wikimediafoundation.org>
>>
>> Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the
>> sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!
>> https://donate.wikimedia.org

    Asaf Bartov

https://donate.wikimedia.org