Hoi,
I am so in disagreement with you .. If something new has to start and
Wikidata is new, then it needs more than just a video or a conference call.
I know, I live and breath it, I still discover new opportunities every day.
I gave a presentation to professionals who work in data. It took me an hour
to set up the environment with them and for them so that they could start..

We had a meeting for three hours and we scratched the surface enough to
make a difference. The fact that we were together ensured good faith and
enough understanding.

Then again, the approach in the questioning of "Q14" [1] is such that I
find that people assume that they know what the proposal is and, what it
aims to achieve. I have seen some of the agenda and if only a fifth of what
is started pays of it is well worth the investment. I can also
categorically state that the agenda is being worked on for half a year now
and preparations have been under way for as long.

Just consider what a challenge it is to bring Wikidata to India in a way
where it actually makes a difference. It can and it will if only because
there is so much to that program.

My initial reaction is one of "assume good faith".. What I know is that you
do not know what is aimed for and I am sure you did not ask. You did not
consider how a program can make a difference.. It can when it is has many
facets, angles and a chance of making a difference here and there.

The question is not can it be a success, but it seems more one of do you
want it to be a success.
Thanks,
      GerardM

[1]