Hoi,
I am from the Netherlands and, its chapter is very much depended on WMF
money. Fundraising is NOT its strong point.. If you are interested in a
chapter that has its own revenue stream look at Poland.

I do know that the Indian chapter did not receive the funding it looked for
and, personally I dislike the arguments used. However, what I do see is
that there is unnecessary rivalry between CIS and the chapter. Unnecessary
because they do and should aim for the same goal. Given the size of India,
the combined funding is really small and given the size of India there are
many, many more opportunities once everything is said and done. The energy
that goes in fighting CIS is energy wasted. CIS has a limited mandate in
time and when the chapter and CIS find it in themselves to work together it
is more than likely that the CIS projects and funding will find a home
under the India chapter umbrella.

I applaud you for wanting to raise funds that will make up the shortfall
because of the limited WMF funding. The point of those projects is to
achieve its goals. So define the best goals and projects you can. Find the
money and expose the WMF arguments by doing a better job than they do.
Thanks,
     GerardM