Ravi,

While I do not approve of the way this has been worded here or presented
here by you, it does seem like a veiled threat clearly directed towards you
by Vishnu for your speaking out (which has been quite vehement, to be
honest). And an apparent threat like this coming in from a Program Director
does look very ugly.

The worst thing is that it seems to be trying to distract readers from the
actual issues. I sincerely hope that Vishnu shall clear this up with an
appropriate step that befits his position and the respect his position
merits.

And I wish and hope these shall not happen in future.

On 14 May 2014 00:58, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <rsrikant...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is receiving money as an individual from a foreign body in violation of
> the Act?
> If that is so, won't half of India be violating it?
>
> I have a copy of the Act from the Ministry of Law and Justice and it
> doesn't seem to say so.
>

> On 13 May 2014 19:11, Ravishankar <ravidre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey,
>>
>> Is there a legal threat for Wikimedia community volunteers in India
>> getting Individual engagement grants and grants for running community
>> events from WMF?
>>
>> An alert regarding this has been raised here:
>>

>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants_talk:APG/Proposals/2013-2014_round2/The_Centre_for_Internet_and_Society/Staff_proposal_assessment#Additional_concern_that_should_be_taken_on_board
>>
>> Any professional legal / financial advise will be much appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ravi

> Srikanth Ramakrishnan,
> What goes around, may not necessarily come around, it may simply bounce
> back.
>
> Please sign this petition for Volvo buses in Coimbatore:
>
> https://www.change.org/en-IN/petitions/the-transport-minister-tamil-nadu-introduction-of-volvo-city-buses-in-the-city-of-coimbatore

Hari Prasad Nadig
http://hpnadig.net
http://twitter.com/hpnadig