Dear Ravi,

Thanks so much for all the feedback and the useful questions that you are
asking.

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Ravishankar <ravidre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The former WMF India programs did not get any financial support from the
> Wikimedia India
> Trust<http://cis-india.org/news/announcement-of-wikimedia-india-program-trust>.
> How  were programs like India Education program run? Will this come under
> FCRA violation? How is the IEP different from any community led event in
> receiving foreign money and executing projects?
>
> Let us start the discussion from this :)

Just to be clear - the Wikimedia India Trust was never operationalised. WIT
did not manage or financially support the IEP or the activities of the
former WMF India programme. The India programmes was directly run by the
WMF. If I am not mistaken the team were employees or consultant of WMF. The
money was not routed through any Indian entity.

Best wishes,

Sunil