Gerard,
when I was really active back in 2012, I remember a WMDE employee stating
that such decisions are made by the community and not by WMDE. I have asked
for clarification on the Project Chat.

As for empty data items; please read the notabilty policy.
An article is notable if it satisfies any one of the following three:

1. It contains *at least one valid sitelink* to a Wikipedia, Wikivoyage,
Wikisource, Wikiquote or Wikimedia Commons page.

2. It refers to an instance of a *clearly identifiable conceptual or
material entity*. The entity must be notable, in the sense that it *can be
described using serious and publicly available references*. If there is no
item about you yet, you are probably not notable.

3. It fulfills *some structural need*, for example: it is needed to make
statements made in other items more useful.

Please don't mislead the community who might have their contributions
deleted due to lack of notabilty.

On 20 May 2014 12:06, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hoi,
> In a previous thread there was discussion if Wikidata items without
> associated articles are permitted and makes sense. In the office-hour I
> asked Lydia to comment.
>
> [18:49] <GerardM-> what is your opinion on items without links ... but
> items that are well linked to other items or complete a list  ?
> [18:51] <Lydia_WMDE> GerardM-: they are fine imho. wikidata is covering
> more than wikipedia for example
>
> So it is "officially sanctioned" we can and do have items in Wikidata that
> are not (yet) linked to any Wikipedia article. They will not be deleted
> when they link other items or when they include statements that show
> relevance/ notability.
>
> Effectively we can add a presence for all members of the Lok Sabha and add
> links as and when they become available.
> Thanks,
>        GerardM

Srikanth Ramakrishnan,
What goes around, may not necessarily come around, it may simply bounce
back.

Please sign this petition for Volvo buses in Coimbatore:
https://www.change.org/en-IN/petitions/the-transport-minister-tamil-nadu-introduction-of-volvo-city-buses-in-the-city-of-coimbatore