Hi,

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 12:04 AM, Pradeep Mohandas
<pradeep.mohan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi Sudhanwa,
>
> You should know. You were once President of the Indian Chapter as
> well. Sowmyan has replied to the mails today on the Members list.
> Better late than never?

What should I know?
Sowmyan has replied about the  membership. Even though it is
responding to one of my earlier mails (some 3 months old), that is
essentially a response to mail raising some points by Vishwa. In my
opinion, someone from EC should answer it and not Sowmyan.

> We can request people to respond to queries. There is not much we can
> do if they don't except to convene an Extraordinary General Body
> Meeting and request for the removal of the members of the Executive
> Committee with a 2/3rd majority backing you. Those are limitations
> placed on members by law. Fortunately or unfortunately.

I agree.

> Are you claiming that you do not have confidence in the members you
> have elected to the Executive Committee?

Considering the no resonse situation for months, two EC members
sending mails raising doubts in members mind and 2 EC members
including President resigning, frankly speaking, now I do not have any
confidence. I believe, it is the same case with most of the members.

> I am sorry but *I* have better work editing and contributing to
> Wikipedia than to follow up with your questions to the Executive
> Committee. I find that contributing on-wiki is a more satisfying
> experience than participating in conversations that seem to be loaded.
> I know understand why many Wikipedians stay off this list and don't
> want to come close to administration related work of the Chapter. They
> are screwed if they take action and they're screwed if they're not.

Wikipedia is a fair world. If you do good, you get appreciated. If you
do something bad, you get screwed. If you dont do anything for which
you are responsible and elected by people and blame others, you surely
get screwed.

> This is the last you will hear from me on this topic on this list
> since you insist on putting words in my mouth.

Your choice. Respected.
(I have seen many such responses from you in the past including
leaving the chapter, leaving mailing lists etc etc. This one is an
addition to it)

Regards
-Sudhanwa

> Thanks,
>
> warm regards,
> Pradeep
>
> On 29 August 2014 23:47, Sudhanwa Jogalekar <sudhanwa....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 6:07 PM, Ashwin Baindur
>> <ashwin.bain...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The community deserves an explanation as to why the somnolence of recent
>>> months and a sudden unexplained resignation. You may have resigned but its
>>> definitely your & Moksh's responsibility to actively cooperate and hand over
>>> the baton which you did not carry to the finish line.
>>
>> +100
>>
>> I have been asking queries to the EC for many months now and nobody
>> has shown a courtesy even to acknowledge my mails. Apart from
>> answering queries, the members deserve and explanation of not
>> responding too.
>>
>> btw,
>> If Pradeep is confident of the other 5 people in the EC, may I request
>> him to followup with them to respond to the queries raised on the
>> lists.
>>
>> -Sudhanwa