Dear Vishwa,

I think the Chapter EC should analyse (internally, at the very least) why this
has not happened in 4 years of the Chapter's existence in India. See membership
numbers from the various communities and see if the data the Chapter has
reflects confidence in the Chapter.

My argument is not to get rid of the Chapter, only to place it in suspended
animation till the need for a Chapter to exist is felt by the User Groups (as
defined by WMF, not the SIGs of the Chapter). This is the bottom up approach
encouraged by Wikipedia.

As Ravi suggests, this is perhaps something worth considering during the
consultation.

Warm regards,
Pradeep

Sent from my iPhone