Hi Vikram,

I meant that the SIG system is similar to the User Group system. In the SIG
affiliation is to the Chapter and in the User Group, the affiliation  is to WMF
directly.

The need for direct affiliation is felt because the Chapter does not seem to be
democratic (as you call it). Otherwise, the SIG would be a useful model to have.

Sorry that this took so many emails to explain.

Warm regards,
Pradeep

Sent from my iPhone