Thanks Ravi and Pradeep for clearing the doubts.
And yes keeping in mind, the logistics and other requirements Bangalore is
convinient location.

@Pradeep:- I didn't get this

There are a few people who have been nominated by other community
members and were neither self-nominated nor community nominated.

So, Aren't  other community members part of community?

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 4:35 PM, Pradeep Mohandas <
pradeep.mohan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi Abhinav,
>
> I don't think they asked for the community input to decide the
> location for the consultation, that seems to have sprung up on its own
> somehow. The idea was always that it would be in either of the two
> cities and people would be supported to come for the Consultation by
> the WMF if needed.
>
> There are a few people who have been nominated by other community
> members and were neither self-nominated nor community nominated.
>
> warm regards,
> Pradep
>
> On 12 September 2014 11:57, Abhinav Garule <abhinavgar...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Dear Asaf,
> >
> > Considering the vote count before the midnight of 10th of September
> Mumbai
> > was the prefrred location for meeting.
> > Vote count
> > Mumbai - 20
> > Bangalore - 18
> > (Before Midnight, 10th of Sept.)
> >
> > History:-
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:India_Community_Consultation_2014&action=history
> > (*some votes added this morning)
> >
> > And some Board Members (List) have casted their votes for the location.
> > Board Members Vote count
> > Bangalore:- 1
> > Mumbai:- 1
> >
> > And 2 Board Members are from Mumbai. So we can consider count for Mumbai
> as
> > 3.
> >
> > Kindly consider it as query regarding Preferred Location for meeting and
> let
> > us know your views on it.
> >

> > Thanks & Regards,
> > Abhinav Garule.
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 9:55 AM, Asaf Bartov <abar...@wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello, everyone.
> >>
> >> This is to inform everyone that the community consultation planned for
> Oct
> >> 4th-5th will be held in Bangalore.
> >>
> >> See here:
> >>

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:India_Community_Consultation_2014#Venue_choice
> >>
> >> I will be following up in the coming day or so with more information on
> >> confirmed attendees, taking community nominations into account.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >>    Asaf
> >> --
> >>     Asaf Bartov
> >>     Wikimedia Foundation
> >>
> >> Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in
> the
> >> sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!
> >> https://donate.wikimedia.org

> > --
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Abhinav Garule