On 15-Sep-2014 10:24 pm, "Asaf Bartov" <abar...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> As I wrote originally, we'd ideally invite people nominated by their
respective communities.  Those communities that have not managed to have a
discussion and come up with nominated delegates will be represented by our
best estimate, based on relevant background (like past service in the EC,
in some cases, or past off-wiki programmatic activity), or on (admittedly
crude) measures such as total edit count.

> I have, for

.. example, ..

personally invited the 5 most active editors on Marathi and Hindi Wikipedia
to join us.

pradeep.mohan...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I meant that a few community members have been nominated by fellow
community members. This has happened without the said community member
knowing about it and that said nomination did not happened within language
community wikis.

>> Warm regards,
>> Pradeep Mohandas
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On 14-Sep-2014, at 7:46, Abhinav Garule <abhinavgar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Ravi and Pradeep for clearing the doubts.
>>> And yes keeping in mind, the logistics and other requirements Bangalore
is convinient location.

>>> @Pradeep:- I didn't get this
>>>
>>> There are a few people who have been nominated by other community
>>> members and were neither self-nominated nor community nominated.
>>>
>>> So, Aren't  other community members part of community?

Mumbai

https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:India_Community_Consultation_2014&action=history

Mumbai as

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:India_Community_Consultation_2014#Venue_choice