Congratulations Ravishankar!
Wish you all the best.

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 2:02 PM, Nkansah Rexford <nkansahrexf...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Welcome Ravishankar. Can't wait to see you in action.
>
> Thanks for the info, Nath
> On Sep 21, 2014 9:56 AM, "Jayanta Nath" <jaya...@wikimedia.in> wrote:
>
>> Dear Members of Wikimedia India Chapter,
>>
>> It is my pleasure to announce Ravishankar Ayyakkannu as the Program
>> Director of Wikimedia India Chapter.
>>
>> He was involved in various projects of the movement that dealt with the
>> State Government of Tamilnadu and multinational firms like Google.  His
>> experiences working for the movement have been featured in media including
>> The New York Times and BBC. He has served as the General Council member of
>> the International Forum for Information Technology in Tamil. He is also
>> actively involved in promoting Free and Open Source projects and Free
>> Culture movements in Tamil.
>>
>> Ravishankar completed his graduation from Nanyang Technical University,
>> Singapore and Technical University of Munich, Germany and later worked as a
>> researcher for the Leiden University in The Netherlands.He has been
>> working as an independent Web development consultant.
>>

>> The Interview committee consisting of Sudhanwa Jogalekar (Past president)
>> , Navin Francis ( Past Secretory), Moksh Juneja (President) and myself were
>> honored to be part of this efficient, effective, and enlightening process.
>>
>> Ravishankar joined Wikimedia India on 20th September 2014 as Program
>> Director. He will be based in Bangalore. His primary roles are supporting
>> community members in organizing and executing the various chapter programs,
>> strategic planning for the chapter, mentoring interns and devise success
>> measurement metrics for community projects.
>>
>> Please join me in officially welcoming Ravishankar Ayyakkannu to
>> Wikimedia India Chapter!
>>
>> Jayanta Nath
>>
>> President
>>
>> Wikimedia India Chapter

*Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive*
Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia
<http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:nhasive>
Member | IEG Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/People>
Social Media Interaction Moderator | The Daily Prothom-Alo
<http://www.prothom-alo.com>
Bangladesh Ambassador | Open Knowledge Foundation Network
<http://www.okfn.org>
Treasurer | Bangladesh Open Source Network (BdOSN) <http://www.bdosn.org>
Task Force Member | Mozilla Bangladesh <http://www.mozillabd.org>
fb.com/nhasive | @nhasive <http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | Skype: nhasive