From: Anasuya Sengupta <asengu...@wikimedia.org>
Date: Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 7:29 PM
Subject: [Wikimedia Announcements] Be part of the most epic data
collection and analysis of Wikimedia programs!
To: wikimediaannounc...@lists.wikimedia.org

Dear Wikimedian friends and colleagues,

tl;dr We have just launched our second round of voluntary reporting.
This is the most epic data collection and analysis of Wikimedia
programs we've done so far as a movement, and all program leaders are
invited to take part. :-) You can do so here:
https://wikimedia.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0B3azKpdZ7ggCtD (or get in
touch with the L&E team for support).

As we did in the Fall of 2013, we invite community members leading and
evaluating Wikimedia programs to share their data with the rest of the
movement (i.e., Edit-a-thons, Editing Workshops, On-wiki Writing
Contests, Photo Events, etc.). Last year’s data was collected and
analysed in a series of reports that was the beginning of telling the
Wikimedia story of impact: the incredible work of over 60 program
leaders implementing 119 programs or projects in 30 countries across
the world. This helped us start building a set of good and best
practices for effective programs across our movement.[1] This year’s
data drive will be critical to help us continue to do and learn better
from each other.

To best prepare, program leaders can review the reporting items [1]
and start gathering that data you have filed away about your programs
since the last reporting round. We are looking for data on programs
completed any time from September 1, 2013 through September 30, 2014.
You can ask questions directly on the reporting form preview [2] or on
our portal talk page [3]. If you are planning to report and may need
support from us, do let us know so that we can help in any way needed.

When ready, you will find the reporting collector at:

https://wikimedia.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0B3azKpdZ7ggCtD

We also welcome your data in different formats. For example, if you
have already reported data elsewhere, we are happy to work with you to
make the process as easy as possible. Message e...@wikimedia.org and
we can work out the easiest way to include your data.

We are expanding the number of programs covered in the reporting this
year, and extend the reporting window longer for some new programs,
GLAM, and Wiki Loves Monuments. See the schedule below for timelines
for reporting for each program type.

Data submission deadlines by program:

Due by October 20th

Edit-a-thons/editing parties

Editing Workshops

Due by November 3rd

On-wiki Writing Contests

Photo Events (Wiki Loves Earth, WikiExpeditions, WikiTakes, etc.)

Wikipedia Education Program

Due by November 17th

Conferences

GLAM Content Donation

Hackathons

Wiki Loves Monuments (2013 and 2014)

Wikimedian in Residence

Remember, reporting is voluntary but the more people do it, the better
representation of programs we can make. This voluntary reporting
allows us to come together and generate a bird’s eye view of programs
[4]. We want to understand the impact of programs across different
contexts, to examine both more broadly, and more deeply, what works
best to meet our shared goals for Wikimedia and to, together, grow the
awesome [5] in Wikimedia programs!

On behalf of the Program Evaluation and Design team, thank you for
your time and support in this initiative.

Warmly,

Anasuya

Resource links:

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Evaluation/Evaluation_reports/2013

[2]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CG-K8I1d9JPqyRRyHTIQ5x7fASQXcHZsEMKutdAGuEY/edit?usp=sharing

[3] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants_talk:Evaluation

[4]
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Evaluation_Report_(beta)_Poster_Wikimania_2014.pdf

[5] http://www.nbp.org/nbp/images/book_photos/MAG-AWESOME.jpg

--
Anasuya Sengupta
Senior Director of Grantmaking

the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!
Support Wikimedia