On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Omshivaprakash | Wikimedia <
omshivaprak...@wikimedia.in> wrote:

> @Rajesh @Ravi @Anivar @Pavanaja Don't you think CC0 (Public Domain) is the
> best license for this? We always back off from using the government
> produced books and content unless it is stated to used by public without
> restrictions. But data that has been in circulation among people doesn't
> require to be copyrighted even for just digitizing. We should surely
> discuss this at large.

CC0 applies only if the Govt of Karanataka Owns current copyright of it and
want to make it public domain .
In this case Govt does not owns its copyright and It is already public
domain . What they are doing is making them available via Digitalization ,
ie  it is an Open access initiative of rare public domain books

There is no role for copyright or licenses in this