Dear Shyamal,

 Great initiative! The category [1] for Indian women scientists was created
two years back, during the Ada Lovelace Day edit-a-thon in October 2012. We
have more than 40 Indian women scientists included in this category now,
thanks to the many women-centered edit-a-thons that attract editors'
attention to this topic. I hope to see more articles added to this category
after the edit-a-thon this year!

  I was also wondering if there was a project/event page on Wikipedia for
this edit-a-thon. I find it slightly off-putting  to have to fill up a
private google form [2] to be able to participate in a public edit-a-thon.
It is also not clear to me if the event is invite-only. I am holding back
from joining the event until the event allows me to participate by signing
up on a Wikimedia page.

User: Fluentflux happens to be a new user who joined Wikipedia today. I
guess they would need some on-wiki help in organizing the event, in which
case I am happy to pitch in after October 9.

[1]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Indian_women_scientists
[2]
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1l5NM7WziXQ8pqtx4WoD_hkCDXVbxfmVQWeLSfkWcOPA/viewform

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 5:59 PM, Parul <sri.pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree with Vishnu.
> I also participated in that edit-a-thon and it went fine.
>
> Additionally, I also feel that with festivals around the corner this is a
> little short notice and fewer days to be able to participate.
>
> On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 5:22 PM, Vishnu <visdav...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  Dear Shyamal,
>>
>> Last year we did Lilavati's Daughters Edit-a-thon on notable Indian Women
>> Scientists [1]. I am sure the users registered there would be interested to
>> take part in this too. You could probably alert the event organizers about
>> this if you know them.
>>
>> Lilavati's Daughters Edit-a-thon received a better response from Indic
>> Wikimedians and I am sure they would also be interested to take part in
>> this.
>>
>> Best,
>> Vishnu
>> [1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Lilavati%27s_Daughters_Edit-a-thon
>>

>> On Wednesday 01 October 2014 04:28 PM, Shyamal L. wrote:
>>
>>  Please note this upcoming event -
>> http://www.indiabioscience.org/content/women-science-wiki-edit-thon
>> You can also contact the organizers via en:User:Fluentflux or
>> t...@indiabioscience.org
>>
>>  best wishes
>> Shyamal
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Shyamal