Hi,

For Marathi, things are not much changed since WCI 2011. You can check
out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5dpA2LUTDU

If possible, lets discuss on those points in the meeting. (More or
less, similar situation is likely to be there for some other Indian
language Wikipedias too.)

Regards
-Sudhanwa

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 3:54 AM, Ravishankar Ayyakkannu
<ravidre...@wikimedia.in> wrote:
> Hi Sudhanwa,
>
> Based on
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimediaindia-l/2014-September/011672.html
>
> The agenda for the meeting is likely to cover these issues:
>
> *Introductions, expectations, ground rules
> *SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) analysis and sharing
> stories of individual contributors, diverse language communities and
> projects
> *SWOT for India and Indic languages across South Asia
> *Visioning for the movement in India
> * Strategies and action plans for the movement going forward (next six
> months, next year, next two years)
> *  Roles, responsibilities and rules of engagement between the different
> actors in India
>
> To give few examples on how to approach this agenda, please see:
>
> http://www.slideshare.net/oligoglot/wmf-in-swot
>
> http://www.slideshare.net/oligoglot/wmf-biennial-prioritiesmemo
>
> and
>
> http://www.slideshare.net/oligoglot/wikimedia-foundation-in-india
>
> These slides are 3 years old but are relevant still.
>
> //It is not clear if we want to discuss on on-wiki topics(copy-pasted
> material, rules and regulations for admin activities etc.) //
>
> No. This is not a consultation about each wiki project's internal policies.
> They are best evolved over a period of time through direct discussions on
> wiki directly guided by
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Five_pillars
>
> and based on precedents in other wikis and local community's vision.
>
> //off-wiki(real world events like seminars, academis, GLAM etc)
> activities or any other things beyond these eg. technical things like
> language support and WYSWYG editor etc.//
>
> Above are various strategies that answers the questions "HOW can we grow
> Wikimedia in India".
>
> In my understanding, this consultation will predominantly focus on "WHAT"
> questions.
>
> WHAT is the potential, weakness, threats and opportunities for Wikimedia
> movement in India.
>
> WHAT we should be doing and WHAT we should not be doing.
>
> WHO does WHAT and HOW is also an important question but that can only come
> after we define the WHAT.
>
> Ravi

web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.