Anivar,

I merely informed about the situation.

This is a technical decision taken by the chapter member who is
volunteering for spam control. Both EC and I saw the merit in this decision
as spam was going out of control.

Please note that only direct on wiki registration by the user has been
disabled.

A new user account can still be created if anyone drops a mail to
members...@wikimedia.in

So far, we haven't received any request to create a new user account.

Any such request will be immediately taken care of.

Chapter wiki new user account creation is open to public and not limited to
chapter members alone.

Thanks,

Ravi