Dear Ravi,

Thanks for the response . We wrote to EC and jayanta responded .
all communication with EC is documented here

http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Talk:Elections2014#Communications_with_EC_and_Mailing_Lists_about_New_Account_Creation_Blocking

Quoting from our last response

Technical incapability to handle spam is not a valid reason for preventing
user account creation and it is affecting election process. So from Elecom
we strongly demand to enable account creation again

If you want to block membership creation on chapter wiki do it after the
public discussion period . ie after Nov 15th as per current Q&A Shedule

Nobody in usual use cases are going to write to an email for creating an
account . Those will stay away from participating in process . I hope EC
will reconsider and lift the ban soon.

~ regards
Anivar Aravind