On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 11:54 PM, Dhaval S. Vyas <dsv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is little strange, I can understand that voting and nominations are
> members only regime but why the community is not allowed to participate
> even in Q&A is not clear to me.
>
> If it is so, there should be no wiki page or onwiki discussion, or login
> process on wikimedia.in should be membership number based.

As you all know, we at WMIN Elecom initially thought about opening it for
all . But  a member  informed us non-members of a society must not
interfere with its election process and opening Q&A with candidates to non
members is a violation of this . We asked WMIN to cross check it and as per
the advice we received  we restricted the privilege for asking questions to
members alone . But the pages will remain open for observing the election
process for community .

It is documented here
http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Talk:Elections2014#Communications_with_EC_and_Mailing_Lists_about_New_Account_Creation_Blocking

If any community members interested in chapter affairs ,  take a membership
and participate in next year elections

Anivar