Hi Asaf,
As you can imagine, none of this is available in digital form. I'm planning
to prepare high-res pdfs for some of the rare works myself, and get the
help of the A2K-CIS people for the rest of it. Of course this is just the
first part of the story. We'd have to get volunteers on KN-Wiki - or
students enrolled in wiki education programmes - to prepare searchable
digital versions from the pdfs. If you have other suggestions, we'd be
happy to hear them.

Best,
Tejaswini

On 8 November 2014 14:48, Asaf Bartov <abar...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Wonderful news, and a very significant achievement for Kannada culture and
> for free culture in India!  Congratulations to all involved.
>
> What are your plans on how to approach making those works actually
> available on Kannada Wikisource?
> (I am noting significant growth in the last few months:
> http://stats.wikimedia.org/wikisource/EN/SummaryKN.htm)
>
> Cheers,
>
>    Asaf
>
> On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 10:32 PM, omshivaprak...@gmail.com <
> omshivaprak...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Dear all,
>>
>> The Kannada Wikimedia community, in collaboration with CIS-A2K, is glad
>> to share that almost all of the works by Niranjana will be re-licensed
>> under CC-BY-SA 4.0 on the occasion of Kannada Rajyotsava.
>>
>> Niranjana (1924-1992) was the pseudonym of Kulkund Shivarao, a prominent
>> Kannada writer of the 20th century and a leading figure in the Progressive
>> Writers' Movement. His prolific output, across nearly five decades,
>> included novels, short stories, plays, biographies, political commentary,
>> and translations. He was a regular columnist in the Kannada newspapers and
>> magazines. Among his achievements as an editor are Jnana Gangotri, a
>> 7-volume encyclopedia for young people, and a 25-volume compilation of the
>> world's greatest short stories.
>>
>> A total of 55 Kannada books by Niranjana will be re-licensed. This could
>> be the single largest and most comprehensive individual collection of a
>> writer to be released under CC-BY-SA 4.0 in any of the Indian languages. We
>> are planning to have a formal event to celebrate this, along with an
>> orientation session on the importance of Creative Commons for growing open
>> knowledge in Kannada and Kannada Wikisource during the first week of
>> November 2014. The exact event details will be communicated shortly. The
>> Kannada Wikimedia community and CIS-A2K would be very happy if you could be
>> present for this event. We would like to acknowledge the great initiative
>> shown by Dr. Tejaswini Niranjana (also Advisor to CIS-A2K) in getting the
>> below works released under CC-BY-SA 4.0.
>>
>> NOVELS
>>
>>    1.
>>
>>    Vimochane (1953)
>>    2.
>>
>>    Banashankari (1954)
>>    3.
>>
>>    Saubhagya (1954)
>>    4.
>>
>>    Abhaya (1954)
>>    5.
>>
>>    Rangammana Vathaara (1954)
>>    6.
>>
>>    Doorada Nakshatra (1954)
>>    7.
>>
>>    Navodaya (1956)
>>    8.
>>
>>    Paalige banda Panchaamruta (1955)
>>    9.
>>
>>    Ekangini (1955)
>>    10.
>>
>>    Chirasmarane (1955)
>>    11.
>>
>>    Koney Namaskara (1955)
> [...]

Tejaswini Niranjana, PhD
Senior Fellow - Centre for the Study of Culture and Society (CSCS)
Visiting Professor - Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
Distinguished Adjunct Professor of Humanities, Lingnan University, Hong Kong
Advisor, Access to Knowledge Programme, Centre for Internet and Society
Visiting Faculty - Centre for Contemporary Studies, Indian Institute
of Science (CCS-IISc)

t: 91-80-41202302
http://heira.in
www.cscs.res.in