Hello Asaf,
I'm Manoj. I contribute mainly on Hindi wiki. Regarding software issues I
had one suggestion since the very beginning ( i joined actively in Aug-13).

In India, internet connectivity is very poor in semi urban and rural areas
which has long kept 70% of Indian population away from Internet. Starting
from last 2-3 years this is changing very rapidly thanks to smartphone
revolution. Presently we have millions (soon it may be billion) of
smartphones, primarily Android, in hands of rural young indians. So need of
the hour is to work more on android app which is mostly designed for
viewing rather than editing. In this direction software team still has
miles to go. And I can bet this is the future of wiki, especially in India.
If this issue is not handled NOW, it may be late to attract new generation.

We must also try to convince phone manufacturers and marketers to  bundle
Wiki english and Indian languages wiki to be available as pre-installed
apps on their phones. For them it will be an additional selling point.

Thanks.

Manoj.
Chandigarh, India.