Dear Yohann,

My point is very simple.
If things are still in planning, it should not be announced as a
contest. It can be a nice community drive for uploading photos for a
specific domain. No issues with that.
However, if it is announced as a contest, rules and regulations are
necessary for a contest. And they should be published well in advance
before the contest begins.

Ultimately, it is your call being the project co-ordinator.
I was just trying to go out and reach to the photographers community
beyond Wikimedia.

Regards
-Sudhanwa

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Yohann Thomas <yohan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> > Hello one & all
>> >
>> > I am Proud to announce that Wikimedia India will be starting a new
>> > Project
>> > called Wiki Loves Food (WLF).
>> >
>> > WLF is a Public Photo competition on Wikimedia Commons. The main idea
>> > behind
>> > starting this is to improve the quality of Pictures of different  Indian
>> > Cuisines.
>> >
>> > This will be a Community run initiative supported by WMIN.
>> >
>> > Currently we need Volunteers to help run this Project. I invite all the
>> > community members who are interested to volunteer, to sign up at this
>> > page
>> >
>> > https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Food
>> >
>> > The above link also contains necessary information related to the
>> > competition.
>> >
>> > Thank you
>> > Yohann Thomas
>> > yohan...@gmail.com
>> >
>> > --
>> > Disclaimer: The Wikimedia India Chapter (WMIN) is an autonomous entity
>> > with
>> > no direct control over the Wikipedia project and other websites hosted
>> > by
>> > the Wikimedia Foundation, USA.
>> >
>> > This mail is sent to the members of the Chapter as part of the official
>> > communications between the Chapter, its Director Board and the members.
>> > ---
>> > Groups
>> > "wmin-members" group.
>> > an
>> > email to wmin-members+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> > Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wmin-members.
>> >
>> > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wmin-members/CAGJ8y3MraNtoPSAiTnP%2BMd%3Dum8LERSt-riyihxyGF%3DPQZkmOGg%40mail.gmail.com.
>>

>> --
>>
>> ~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!
>> web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
>> Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.
>>
>> --
>> Disclaimer: The Wikimedia India Chapter (WMIN) is an autonomous entity
>> with no direct control over the Wikipedia project and other websites hosted
>> by the Wikimedia Foundation, USA.
>>
>> This mail is sent to the members of the Chapter as part of the official
>> communications between the Chapter, its Director Board and the members.
>> ---
>> "wmin-members" group.
>> email to wmin-members+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wmin-members.
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wmin-members/CA%2BHo68w-H6KvgMYyEAHm4%2Bh2VG0X0HQeaW3Y5KkW3h0qMnoO4g%40mail.gmail.com.

> Disclaimer: The Wikimedia India Chapter (WMIN) is an autonomous entity with
> no direct control over the Wikipedia project and other websites hosted by
> the Wikimedia Foundation, USA.
>
> This mail is sent to the members of the Chapter as part of the official
> communications between the Chapter, its Director Board and the members.