Hello everyone

After Intense discussions we are finally rolling out the first phase of
Wiki Loves Food.

As an introduction, Wiki Loves Food (WLF) is a public photo competition on
Wikimedia Commons for use on Wikipedia and other project websites of the
Wikimedia Foundation. Wikimedia India Chapter will be running this contest.
The aim of this project is to improve the quality of pictures of different
cuisines of India & the world. This competition is to commemorate and unite
our Passion we have so much for Food.

In this Competition, all pictures related to Indian food & Indian cuisine
will be allowed

Phase 1 of WLF will be held *between April 15th to April 30th*. It is a
pilot to understand the dynamics of Commons community before the contest is
launched for the wider Wikimedia India community. 50 participants will be
enrolled for this in a first come first register basis.
To register please click here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1P6XR9R2BVmXTi_8XD7tv6bJN5xN3ElP173JdVHUNnb8/viewform?c=0&w=1>
.

 We are also inviting 2 nominations per language community besides these 50
participants. These community nominated participants can be seen here
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Food/Community_Nominations>

Prizes for this Phase are

   1. 1st Prize - INR 12000
   2. 2nd Prize - INR 8000
   3. 3rd prize - INR 5000
   4. Community Award - INR 5000

*Please remember that for Phase 1 - entries close 30th April at 23:59pm.*

Also remember to Upload the Pictures under

*Category:Wiki Loves Food*
You can find all the details related to the event here
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Food>

Cheers!!!
Yohann Thomas
Executive Committee member