Looks like the pictures in this phase a slightly better.
I am still not convinced about the whole contest process and the prizes.

Just have a look at the food pictures here:
http://finedinelove.com/art-of-food-loving-food-through-photographs/?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=discovery&utm_campaign=Finedinelove

A single good food picture takes about at least 3-4 hours in a
professional studio.
Of course I am not expecting all the pictures of that quality but see
these clicks from the contest as examples of bad pictures:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/21/ABSOLUTELY_TRADITIONAL_ODIYA_DISH-FROM_STATE_ODISHA-INDIA.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/05/Appe.jpg/1280px-Appe.jpg

-Sudhanwa

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 12:26 PM, Ravishankar <ravidre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Based on community feedback, phase 1 (pilot) of Wiki Loves Food contest is
> extended till May 7, 2015.
>
> There are few slots and community nominations available still .
>
> You can register at
>
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Food#Phase_1:_April_15_-_April_30_extended_till_May_7
>
> Phase 2 will start from May 15, 2015.
>
> Please help us spread this update and encourage food photographers and
> bloggers you know to participate.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ravi
>
> --
> Disclaimer: The Wikimedia India Chapter (WMIN) is an autonomous entity with
> no direct control over the Wikipedia project and other websites hosted by
> the Wikimedia Foundation, USA.
>
> This mail is sent to the members of the Chapter as part of the official
> communications between the Chapter, its Director Board and the members.
> ---
> "wmin-members" group.
> email to wmin-members+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wmin-members.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wmin-members/CAF2QyrCyCDg1Xr32wFgRiuFu1woBix-VuDOpO5VG7-S3gsA9JA%40mail.gmail.com.

web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.