How shocking. Very sad..
Saqib

From: abar...@wikimedia.org
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 21:17:11 -0700
To: wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: [Wikimediaindia-l] Fwd: Khalid Mahmood is gone

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Asaf Bartov <abar...@wikimedia.org>
Date: Sat, Oct 31, 2015 at 9:14 PM
Subject: Khalid Mahmood is gone

Dear friends,
Our colleague User:Khalid Mahmood, the most prolific contributor to the Western
Punjabi Wikipedia[1], has died earlier this month, after long illness.
Khalid was an educator from Pakistan who was passionate about creating and
sharing free knowledge.  He had great plans for promoting the mission in
Pakistan.  He has made more than 67 thousand edits across the projects.  He
attended Wikimania 2012 and 2014, where some of us met him.
If you wish to leave condolences or share memories of Khalid, I suggest his
talk page on
Meta:https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Khalid_Mahmood#Condolences_and_remembrances

Yours,
   Asaf
[1] Western Punjabi [used in Pakistan] and Eastern Punjabi [used in India] are
practically the same language, but Western is written in the Perso-Arabic
Shahmukhi script, whereas Eastern is written in the Gurmukhi script.)  --
    Asaf Bartov
    Wikimedia Foundation

Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum
of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!https://donate.wikimedia.org