Hi Asaf,
Sorry for pitching in late. Can you please take up a project with concerned
teams to address a very big concern of Hindi Wikipedia, and I assume this
must be the issue in all other indic wukis too.

Can we have some arrangement where indic numerics are accepted in all
functions and templates for carrying out calculations just like normal
numbers?

Presently indic numerics are treated by software as mere symbols and can
not be used for calculations. This is creating huge problems for us in
maintenance tasks.

I am not from any technical background, so I have highlighted the problem
in layman's language. I do hope our friends with software background will
help in defining the issue in technical terms.

Regards,
Manoj.