Hi,

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 5:53 PM, Bodhisattwa Mandal <
bodhisattwa.rg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Only today I realised that Ravi is leaving WMIN as staff permanently. I
> had a feeling that after the crisis is over, he will resume his post, but
> looks like I was wrong.

Can you please elaborate on the "CRISIS". There is hardly any communication
from wmin EC/staff about it. They dont even respond to mails sent to them.

Regards
-Sudhanwa

> [...]
> of saying yes to all demands all the time and that was good for us, at
> least me.
>
> I hope, we dont have to miss volunteer Ravidreams in Wikimedia movement.
>
> Best of luck,
> Bodhisattwa
> On Feb 7, 2016 12:39 PM, "Ravishankar Ayyakkannu" <ravidre...@wikimedia.in>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Effective 01 February 2016, I have changed the nature of my engagement
>> with Wikimedia India (WMIN) from staff to volunteer.
>>
>> I joined WMIN when the overall scene in the Indian Wikimedia movement was
>> tumultuous. It wasn’t easy getting things back on track. In the last 16
>> months, I hope I have succeeded in restoring the trust of all stakeholders
>> including WMF, CIS-A2K, and the community. It was an honour to represent
>> the movement in India, and I thank all who have helped me shoulder this
>> responsibility. I know that I have played my part in empowering at least
>> one Wikimedian to contribute more actively and nurturing at least one
>> Wikimedia community. And that gives me immense satisfaction as I sign off
>> as WMIN’s Program Director.
>>
>> At the moment, WMIN cannot hire or retain any staff until it gets FCRA
>> permanent registration and succeeds in securing next grant. I hope to
>> continue serving WMIN as a volunteer to the best of my abilities while it
>> undergoes this transition.  I will also be contributing to various
>> Wikimedia projects and events as usual in my capacity as a volunteer.
>>
>> I wish WMIN all the best and look forward to it playing a bigger role in
>> the movement as it matures.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ravi
>>
>> --
>> Disclaimer: The Wikimedia India Chapter (WMIN) is an autonomous entity
>> with no direct control over the Wikipedia project and other websites hosted
>> by the Wikimedia Foundation, USA.
>>
>> This mail is sent to the members of the Chapter as part of the official
>> communications between the Chapter, its Executive Committee and the members.
>> ---
>> "wmin-members" group.
>> email to wmin-members+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/wmin-members.
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wmin-members/CANY2_jCzobu0V45ATKzM24ZVtbTnyxGwd-Wwwb6%2BGDfmyCK-%3Dg%40mail.gmail.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wmin-members/CANY2_jCzobu0V45ATKzM24ZVtbTnyxGwd-Wwwb6%2BGDfmyCK-%3Dg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

> Disclaimer: The Wikimedia India Chapter (WMIN) is an autonomous entity
> with no direct control over the Wikipedia project and other websites hosted
> by the Wikimedia Foundation, USA.
>
> This mail is sent to the members of the Chapter as part of the official
> communications between the Chapter, its Executive Committee and the members.

web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.