Hi,

[snip]

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 7:13 PM, Bodhisattwa Mandal <
bodhisattwa.rg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I have gone through the nomination page and questions asked to the
> candidates. My choice would be* Nataliia Tymkiv* and *Kunal Mehta. *
> Other candidates, except few, are also active Wikipedians in their way and
> if I had another option, I would preferred Osmar Valdebenito.

> P.S.
>
> Satdeep and Sudhanwa preferred Siska Doviana. With all due respect,
> personally I am not fond of those Wikimedians who are not/less active
> on-wiki and still are/were EC members of different Wikimedia chapters. I
> know, that global edit-count is not the best indicator for Wikimedia
> involvement, but on-wiki involvement helps Wikimedians know the dynamics of
> the community, realize common community problems by heart and look for
> solution collaboratively. To me, if you are an EC member, then you have
> more reason to edit on-wiki (not only meta), because that only makes you
> build the bond with community members.

On-wiki activities and off-wiki activities are a completely different ball
game. Connect to the community is also different in both. A great editor
may not be good in compliance like filling up various forms, sending all
kinds of bills/documents to the organisation (WMIN or WMF etc etc) There
you require a off-wiki person who can do followup to get all the documents,
interact with various organisations/agencies/consultants etc. Deciding on
various grants, giving infrastructure support to editors is an off-wiki
activity too.  Running an organisation is completely different than editing
wikipedia.

And of course your opinions are respected. WMIN will have its own opinion
on various issues.

Regards
-Sudhanwa

In this context, I will *NOT* recommend WMIN to support Siska Doviana from
> WMID, who has only around 3,300 global edits!!.
> (
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ACentralAuth&target=Siska.Doviana)
>
> I also do not support her initiative, stated in her nomination talk page,
> about providing huge amount of money to winners of content competition. To
> me, its a way to trigger dangerous practice in wiki world.
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2016/Nominations/Siska_Doviana#Content%20adding
>
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2016/Nominations/Siska_Doviana#Content>
>
> --
> Bodhisattwa

web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.